Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sticky

I'm going to ramble.

I was happy yesterday and early this morning. I had finally found something to help kink out the bubbles when i'm pasting papers. Using a ruler/any other flat object doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it was just the glue+water mixing that i didn't get right.

Anyhow, the brayer i got is pretty nifty and affordable. It's like a paint roller, but with rubber. Traditionally used in screenprinting, i got it from a local Riots Arts and Craft store. I tried it out last night and this morning, and it works great! That was the good part.

The bad part started with using a sealant on top of the papers. I wasn't happy after the first coat. In fact, i'm not even sure if i should seal my work. Bahh. Visible brush strokes on today's work, but none on yesterday's. What went wrong? After a bit of telly, nibbling, thinking and pondering, i'm guessing it's probably because i didn't wait long enough. I need to let it dry overnight and then tada! Brush strokes will disappear..i really hope so. I don't think it's the weather. It rained a while but wasn't so damp that nothing dried.

Patience, my love...patience. Good things come to those who wait...

.....sometimes, i really hate glue...*sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment